Traveller

Who am I? I dont know yet. I cannot say for sure

Maybe I am a traveller. I know not where I am headed...sometimes, a step backward takes me closer to my destination.

At other times, the onward journey takes me farther away… Sometimes, the path is long and weary…

Sometimes the roadside is far more soothing to my soul than the resting place I seek.

All I know is whenever I pause to rest, I shall find help along the way.. whenever I am tired, somewhere within, I shall find the strength to go on. . . Someday I shall arrive …



On a lighter vein….

Now, a word of caution. When I say I am a traveller, it is not the cue to queue up with your queries.

I am no expert on where you can find the best kebabs in Delhi or the perfect sushi bar in Bangalore..or the best sightseeing for the average tourist in Mumbai.

I shall not be able to tell you about the number of countries or I have visited, for there are none…

I cannot speak with assurance about the beauty of the Seine, or the music of the Rhine.

The waters of the Thames are so far a stranger to me and so is the vivid blue of the Danube.

The gentle Tuscan sun has not warmed my fingers and neither has the soft snow in Sikkim chilled my toes.

The meadows of England have not charmed me with their fields of friendly daisies nor have the African desert winds blown warm dry sand into my face.

I am yet to see the northern lights or the nightlife in Paris.......yet.


Going back to my down to earth element...

My journeys are voyages in discovery, of the self and of the world around me.

My travails encompass lands that are familiar yet unrecognisable unless you know how to look.

At times, you and I might have been undertaking the same journey of self-discovery together, although unknown to each other.

Some are still fellow travellers, others I have called along to share my landscape. .at times beautiful, at other times, fearful and arid.

Still others have fallen by the wayside, exhausted, unable to keep up.

Others chose to take a different path, sadly.

The best of them all chose to end their travels and rest, unsullied by their labours.

There have been meandering bylanes... unwanted detours…

I have been aided by unexpected words...held back by expected sorrow...

There have been setbacks along the way but that has not held me back from my exploring.

I do not know where I am headed and I sometimes forget where I have been. My steps have led me to strange alleys.

In the midst of all the exploring, I take a still moment out to dangle my tired feet in the gurgling waters of a sunshiny mountain stream. A moment where it does not matter that I am still yet to know myself for what I am...

The constant quest to know myself and to ponder my identity takes a backseat and I churn out these words to put down my feelings of gratitude

I rest awhile, dreaming of yet another journey.. letting the winds take me to faraway lands... and revel in the overwhelming feeling of being alive.

Comments