Unconquered



Sometimes I have felt like I will crumble like a house of cards. 
At other times, I feel I am made of something beautifully strong from within, fashioned from fire.
I have spent the better part of the past two years searching and cultivating this core of strength. I feel it is an integral part of me now. 
From drawing strength from external forces, I have gone to being at peace with myself and my quirks. 
I go to sleep at night knowing that I can be both vulnerable and strong and equally comfortable with both. 
It is who I am and after years I feel comfortable being true to myself. 
I am the baby that played with bulls and stray animals wherever she went. 
The shy teenager who studied and read poetry aloud till late at night and spun her own fictional world.
The story teller who loves to weave fantasies.
The problem solver who can go from stunningly panic-stricken to icily calm in minutes.
The woman who loves to cook and the smell of warm cake and coffee around the house. 
Also the writer stay who travels far and wide with her books and plays with words.
The painter who uses wide swathes of colour to present sweeping emotions. 
The eternal dreamer. A love, and a lover of people. 
And expectant of the times ahead. 
Looking forward to live, love and travel. 
To look within a lot, to break out a little.

Comments

  1. Good beginning Ally. Want to read more about the journey of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good beginning Ally. Want to read more about the journey of your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The journey began much earlier...it began with an end. Time has passed and much has endured. A lot has occurred and much better things are about to happen.:)

      Delete
  3. The conquerer who can win hearts with love and grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much love to you. One of my dearest fellow travellers

      Delete
  4. Great beginning to the New Year... May all your aspirations be fulfilled!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice beginning. Looking forward...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment